02 April 2009

Strawberry Napoleon

Or this could be called "Easy Strawberry Napoleon" or "Low-fat Strawberry Napoleon." But I decided to keep it simple. ;) This is so easy to put together, but it looks so impressive. In fact, if you don't let you guests see you make, they'll thin you spent hours preparing it.



1 sheet puff pastry
strawberries
whipped cream
chocolate sauce

Defrost puff pastry according to package. Once it has defrosted enough to handle, cut puff pastry into 9 squares. Bake according to directions on package (about 15 minutes). Remove from oven and split each square into two pieces. On plate, layer pastry, whipped cream, strawberries, chocolate sauce. Repeat 2 or 3 times (depending on how hungry you are!)

This recipe is so easy to modify depending on your needs. I make this for my uncle who is watching what he eats because fruit is healthy, then I can use sugar-free cool whip and low fat chocolate syrup. Or I can make it ultra decadent by whipping my own cream and using high-quality chocolate. Either way, it's a hit!

No comments: